Women are blessed with many talents and skills in addition to being wired for relationships. Our vision is to provide groups and events that offer community and opportunities to inspire women on a journey towards spiritual growth and service.
Good cooks; good organizers; good decorators; good prayer warriors – all with servant's hearts.
The Deaconnesses are a group of women who handle the nuts and bolts of daily life for the family of Hope Church–providing meals to members who are ill, hosting receptions for families after funerals, artfully arranging all the food events at the church, from Finger Food evenings to Ice Cream Socials to full Thanksgiving dinners. They arrange flowers and decorate the church at Easter and Christmas. Their function and calling is service.
Contact: Carole Hopkins
If you're interested in making new and lasting friendships, deepening your commitment to Jesus Christ, looking for opportunities to love others and make an impact through service and prayer, then stand shoulder-to-shoulder with like-minded women.
Join women of all ages, as we meet monthly:
- To build healthy, caring relationships among women in the local church.
- To encourage study of God's Word; teach women to follow Christ and to be built up in their faith.
- To equip women to share God's love and the message of the gospel with family, friends, and neighbors.
- To involve women in the worldwide ministries of the Alliance through intercession, short term missions, support of overseas workers and their families, and an annual project that serves specified needs in various countries.
- To promote corporate and individual prayer for the ministries of the local church, Alliance overseas workers,church planting in the United States, and prayer for individuals.
Alliance Women meet on the second Saturday of every month at 9:30 am in Ackerman Hall.
Contact: Church Office (352) 686-6020 if you have any questions, or speak to the Alliance Women's President, Marie Buerkert.
You may also be interested in some of our other Alliance Women Ministries:
For those with the gift of teaching, there are opportunities to lead Bible studies, Adult Sunday School classes and children's classes. We believe your God-given spiritual gifts should be used, and we'll be glad to help you plug in to an area that will help you use yours.